- The EconomicThreshold is based on yield loss caused
by greenbugs, control cost and the value of the wheat crop.
- It estimates potential yield loss from greenbug infestations
based on research conducted in Oklahoma over many years.
- Your control cost and crop value are variables.
- Control cost is based on insecticide price and
- Crop value varies depending on the price of wheat
from year to year and month to month, so you might want to run the Greenbug
Calculator more than once using various realistic crop values to see
if the economic threshold changes.
- The threshold usually will not change much for
various trial values of crop price, and you can use the value you feel
comfortable with and expect good results.