- The EconomicThreshold is based on yield loss caused
by RWA, control cost and the value of the wheat crop.
- It estimates potential yield loss from RWA infestations
based on research conducted in Texas and Colorado over many years.
- Your control cost and crop value are variables.
- Control cost is based on insecticide price and
- Crop value varies depending on the price of wheat
from year to year and month to month, so you might want to run the Russian
Wheat Aphid Calculator more than once using various realistic crop values
to see if the economic threshold changes.
- The threshold usually will not change much for
various trial values of crop price, and you can use the value you feel
comfortable with and expect good results.